Image Map

Nostalgia and Anticipation.

I'm feeling nostalgic today.

It could be the leaves changing and temps dropping... fall has always been my favorite season. Earlier I took Julian for a drive through our old neighborhood and remembered all the memories we had in our old house. I was happy to see the huge tree in our old yard was ablaze with colors of orange and yellow. I love that tree and how it's leaves blanket the yard so beautifully. Sigh. Interestingly enough, I posted on this exact day four years ago about Zach and I playing in the leaves. I loved reading it and remembering that time in our lives. Although they were not without their challenges, they were also filled with such hope and excitement. I sure do miss that house and those days.

With having a lot of change and unknowns in the coming 6 or so months (new baby, hopefully selling our house, buying another, possibly renting in between), I'm really trying to be present and enjoy this time now. If there's anything I've learned about looking forward, it's that once I get to the "future" I was looking forward to, I look back and realize that I miss the time I'm in now and feel nostalgic for it. Weird, but not at the same time. Life is funny.

I drove past Heidi's Farmstand (or local pumpkin patch/farmstand/bakery) on our way home from our drive and saw that they have extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm going to make it a point to take the boys there, get some donuts, cider, and pumpkins and then come home and carve those babies. We didn't do it last year for some reason, and darn it all we're making it happen this year.

In pregnancy news, I'm getting- how do I say this- bigger? Hah. In my third trimester now and feeling a little nervous about labor but trying to keep it all in perspective. It's just a few hours (or in my case, less than 1.5!) and then you have a squishy, cuddly baby forever. Totally worth it! At my 20 week ultrasound they found a small cyst in the baby's abdomen, and they think it's on the spleen but aren't 100% sure. They said they see this a lot and that it's nothing to worry about but ya know... I don't like them throwing around words like "pediatric surgeon". Again, all across the board my doctors aren't concerned and think it will resolve on it's own. In the event baby does need surgery, it will be non-invasive and apparently not a huge deal (to the docs, anyway). Please pray for the best outcome for my little babe!!

And now, I will try to get some R&R before Juju wakes from his nap. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment