Image Map

How He Loves

In February of 2010, I heard this song for the first time in church as a brand new Christian, as a broken down woman with impending radical changes in the very near future, as someone who had nowhere to look but up. I was amidst a couple hundred people, but simultaneously alone. As in, I knew nobody around me. When the band started this song I felt the tears coming, but at the chorus I was overwhelmed by God's spirit and felt the love emanating from everyone around me worshiping with hands high in the air, oblivious to my tears, and in that moment I knew everything was going to be okay. I broke down sobbing, in public, with no shame because I felt God in my heart rescuing me from all my worries. He literally took all the heaviness off my heart and I was overwhelmed with joy. Funnily enough, just a few short months after that day I met the man who would become my future husband, who whisked me into a romance I never knew could exist on this earth. So this song, even to this day, is my personal worship song. Everytime I hear it I am reminded of God's promises (Jer. 29:11), and of that day when I needed rescuing and God was so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment