Image Map

Finding a New Dream

Her: "I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?" 

Him: "It will be."

Her: "And what if it is? What do I do then?"

Him: "Well, that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream."

Have you ever experienced your life's dream? Maybe you dream of traveling Europe, swimming in the ocean, finding love in the oddest place, buying a dream house... On May 11th of this year, my dream came true. Once I passed the age of innocence I never dreamed of marriage as a possibility for me. God has obviously changed my heart, and here I am, a very happily, and in the words of Audrey Hepburn, "very married" woman. But there is something scary about your dream coming true, because well... then what? Those of us who believe in God's eternal blessing through Jesus know we have good things awaiting us after this life... but what do we do until then? Tonight I found the inspiration I didn't even know I was looking for. I don't have to stop dreaming just because my dream came true. I get to go find a new one.

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment